I previously purchased an MTD Snowthrower Gold Series & paid almost $1,000.00 for it.I took very good care of it having it serviced annually & always making sure that there was enough gas & oil in it.
Anyhow, this past winter I tried to start it using the electric starter feature. It took almost 30 minutes using fuel stabilizer, etc., etc. Finally, It started & I let it idle for about 10 minutes. Then, I began to plow a swath of snow.
I only went about 2o feet before it stalled. I restarted it using the recoil rope-pull starter. Again, It worked momentarily & stalled out. This time when I tried to restart it using the recoil starter, the rope could NOT be pulled.
Same with the electric starter. No soap! I contacted the dealer & had it looked at & was told the engine had "seized up" & there was no hope for it! I then contacted MTD & they didn't want to know me.
Their customer relations dept. just plain SUCKS! So, I reported them to the BBB in Ohio (the state in which MTD is located) & the Ohio State Attorney General's Office. No one could do anything for me.
So, I warn ALL consumers out there to NOT purchase MTD Snowthrowers or other brands made by them such as Yardville, Troy-Built, possibly Toro which use Tecumseh engines, the worst engine possible.Do Not Buy MTD Snowthrowers or you'll be one pissed-off consumer like myself!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."