I previously purchased an MTD Snowthrower Gold Series & paid almost $1,000.00 for it.I took very good care of it having it serviced annually & always making sure that there was enough gas & oil in it.
Anyhow, this past winter I tried to start it using the electric starter feature. It took almost 30 minutes using fuel stabilizer, etc., etc. Finally, It started & I let it idle for about 10 minutes. Then, I began to plow a swath of snow.
I only went about 2o feet before it stalled. I restarted it using the recoil rope-pull starter. Again, It worked momentarily & stalled out. This time when I tried to restart it using the recoil starter, the rope could NOT be pulled.
Same with the electric starter. No soap! I contacted the dealer & had it looked at & was told the engine had "seized up" & there was no hope for it! I then contacted MTD & they didn't want to know me.
Their customer relations dept. just plain SUCKS! So, I reported them to the BBB in Ohio (the state in which MTD is located) & the Ohio State Attorney General's Office. No one could do anything for me.
So, I warn ALL consumers out there to NOT purchase MTD Snowthrowers or other brands made by them such as Yardville, Troy-Built, possibly Toro which use Tecumseh engines, the worst engine possible.Do Not Buy MTD Snowthrowers or you'll be one pissed-off consumer like myself!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Engine blew up in less then three hours of first use! Made in Mexico junk! Threw it in the junk pile because this company would not warranty purchased a new Echo and..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."