Ease of Use
Style and Design

I thought I would go big and buy a MTD snowblower. I spent $1000 at Menards thinking my shoveling days were over. I was wrong. I feel MTD is the worst product I have ever bought.

I didn't get 1 full use out of it before the blade locked up. I finished shoveling.

I brought it to get repaired which was $150.

The next winter it snowed, I bring out my MTD snowblower only to see that it doesn't start. You would think a brand new snowblower that costs over $1000 would get you more than 1/2 a use out of it. To be honest, I spent that much thinking I wouldn't have any troubles at all for at least a couple of years. I'm debating on whether to get it fixed or just sell it!! I'm so frustrated and angry at musk for loosing that much money.

I would NOT waste your time or your $$$$ on MTD!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Mtd Products. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mtd Products.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Mtd Products to other companies on our site.

Comments

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1086187

Sell it and buy a John Deere snowblower, but from a local JD dealer in your area---not from a big box store. That way, any problems and the local dealer will help and fix.

As for MTD, it is really not the best or most reliable brand for anything they make, including snowblowers. I had a small one just for small jobs and it, too was a pile of junk. I have had a John Deere for 10 years now and it has served me well. I have also heard good things about Honda snowblowers.

By the way, I hope at the end of the season, you store it properly---change oil, check filters, put stabil(very important!)in the gas tank, and clean and polish it and lubricate where the manual says. Then, it will start up with one or two pulls when winter comes.