I bought an MTD and paid over $600 for it, it's a 2 stage. I used it 4 times.

The Manuel says "to store for the season remove all fuel from the tank" I did that. Next season, it didn't work. I called Menards, they said to call MTD. I bought an extended warranty.

I called MTD and they said, without looking at it "You must have put bad gas in it". I told them they're setting me up and I know they're not going to fix it. They then said "did you run the engine until the gas ran out?" I replied "that's NOT what your operating pamphlet says, it said ONLY to remove the fuel". Needless to say, I have an extremely expensive snowblower that doesn't work.

I will NEVER buy anything from Menards or MTD again. Both are guilty.

Comments

I have 2 stage MTD snow Blower that is 2 years old, run time 4 hours. Went to start engine and the pull rope broke.

What kind junk are they selling. My son works at a local hard wear store.

Four other owners came into the store with the same problem. I guess I will pay the extra money and buy a Briggs!!!!

At the end of any season, you must always run a gas-powered engine until it is totally out of gas and stops running in order to clear the carburetor (snow blower, lawn mower, chainsaw, etc), even after you've emptied the tank of gas.